This accessibility statement applies to all content and information on this website. The website is run by Hastings Borough Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email Louise Trenchard – firstname.lastname@example.org
- call Louise Trenchard – Mobile: 07885 233 478
- We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 14 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements please contact us.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We provide a text relay service for people who are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment.
Find out how to contact us.
The Citizens Advice 1066 office in St Leonards-on-Sea:
- is wheelchair accessible
- is wheelchair toilet accessible
- has step-free access
- has internet advice access.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Hastings Borough Council is committed to making all its websites accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
Find out our Top Tips to keep warm and well at home.
There are lots of small “Do it Yourself” tasks you can do at home to keep warm. Find out more here
Our free Warm Home Check Service can help you get ready for winter. Get in contact now.