Housing advice

Housing advice and support

Each local district and borough council has housing officers available to offer advice and support to both homeowners and those in private rented accommodation.

Housing support services are also there to help if you’re having trouble coping with your housing, are at risk of losing your home, or already homeless.

Some councils have funds available to help eligible households with energy efficiency measures. Take a look at your council’s housing page on their website to see if there is anything available that would suit your situation.


‘STEPS to stay independent’ provides a free and improved short term support service to help you to stay living independently.

Home Works

Home Works is for you if you are aged 16 to 64 (a single person, a couple or a family), homeless or at risk of losing your home, and need support to live independently.

Find out our Top Tips to keep warm and well at home.

There are lots of small “Do it Yourself” tasks you can do at home to keep warm. Find out more here

Our free Warm Home Check Service can help you get ready for winter. Get in contact now.

This website has been developed by the East Sussex Energy Partnership, funded by East Sussex County Council and is managed by Hastings Borough Council © 2021