The coldAlert service is for people across Sussex who would like to receive alerts when severe cold weather events are forecast.
Knowing 24 to 48 hours prior to a cold snap and when, where and how long a severe cold weather event is forecast will help individuals manage their health conditions, prepare by ensuring the home is warm, that there is enough food and medication at home to stay safe and well during the extreme cold weather.
The service is FREE to subscribe to and open to everyone, especially older people and those with respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
We recommend you register for coldAlerts if you:
- Have a respiratory condition, heart or circulatory condition, or are affected by cold weather e.g. have arthritis or difficulty walking unaided
- Have young children or work in a childcare environment
- Care for an elderly relative or friend who could benefit from coldAlerts
- Are a health professional dealing in respiratory or circulatory conditions
- Work in a GP surgery or clinic
- Provide nursing care or work in a care home.