Top tips to keep warm and well
There are some simple ways to stay warm, healthy and well during colder weather. Here are our tops tips:
- Don’t put off getting the flu vaccination. If you’re eligible get it now. It’s free because you need it.
- Heat your home to at least 18°C (65°F), if you can, you might prefer your living room to be slightly warmer.
- Wrap up warm and wear non-slip footwear both indoors and out.
- When you’re indoors, try not to sit still for more than an hour or so. Get up and stretch your legs.
- Layer your clothes as this helps to trap in warm air.
- Have hot meals and drinks to help keep you warm.
- Get financial help to improve heating or help with fuel bills.
- Be prepared for cold weather – have enough food and prescription medicines at home.
- Have heating and cooking appliances checked.
- Look after yourself and check on older neighbours.