Priority services register
The Priority Services Register is a free service provided by energy suppliers and network operators to customers in need. If you’re on the Priority Services Register you can expect the following during a power cut:
- A priority number to call 24 hours a day
- Contact with experts who can offer advice on energy bills and energy saving tips
- Tailored support such as home visits, hot meals, advice and keeping friends and relatives updated
- In certain scenarios, a free hotel overnight and transport to the hotel.
You can receive the services available if you:
- are of pensionable age
- are disabled or chronically sick
- have a long-term medical condition
- have a hearing or visual impairment or additional communication needs
- are in a vulnerable situation
Each energy supplier and network operator maintains its own register, but if you sign up through UK Power Networks you can make all your energy suppliers (the companies you pay your energy bills to), including their meter operators and your gas distribution company, aware that you need to receive priority support. This means you only need to sign up once.
UK Power Networks is responsible for the distribution of electricity across East Sussex. To sign up to the Priority Services Register check your eligibility and apply online, or call free on 0800 169 9970.