Funding and grants

Funding and grants

Solar panels on a roof

Green Homes Grant

Through the East Sussex Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery project, the Warm Home Check service can offer eligible households a range of fully funded home insulation or low carbon heating improvements to increase the energy efficiency of your home – helping you to keep warm and well, whilst saving money.

Our Covid-secure Warm Home Check visit will help to find out the improvements that would be best for you and your home. A more detailed home survey may then be arranged to help you review all your options and understand the recommended improvements.

All improvement works are quality assured and carried out by vetted contractors registered with Trustmark or the Microgeneration Certification Scheme.

To qualify for these government-funded home insulation or low carbon heating improvements, your property must have low energy efficiency – an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of D, E, F or G. If you don’t know the energy efficiency of your home, then the Warm Home Check visit may be able to help.

Please note that the separate Green Homes Grant Voucher scheme has now closed.  The government’s Simple Energy Advice website has information for households who submitted a valid application before 5 pm on 31 March 2021.

Energy Company Obligation (ECO)

Man working on a window

The Energy Company Obligation (ECO) is one of the main schemes for supporting energy efficiency improvements including insulation and some heating improvements in low income and vulnerable households. Some energy companies are obligated to promote promote measures which improve the ability of low income, fuel poor and vulnerable households to heat their homes. This includes actions that result in heating savings, such as the replacement of a broken heating system or the upgrade of an inefficient heating system. The main component of ECO is administered to nationally agreed eligibility.

There is also a second element which is called ‘ECO Flex’ or Flexible Eligibility.  This has enabled local authorities to develop their own ‘statement of intent’ (SOI) which defines local broader eligibility.  All East Sussex local authorities have one shared SOI which can be accessed here.

Hastings Borough Council, on behalf of all East Sussex councils, administers the declarations issued under the SOI. This means that Hastings Borough Council checks that a household is eligible under the agreed broader eligibility.

The Warm Home Check service is able to access and coordinate ECO funded energy efficiency improvements for you.

Top tips

Find out our Top Tips to keep warm and well at home.

DIY draught busting

There are lots of small “Do it Yourself” tasks you can do at home to keep warm. Find out more here

Warm Home Check

Our free Warm Home Check Service can help you get ready for winter. Get in contact now.

ESCC logo
This website has been developed by the East Sussex Energy Partnership, funded by East Sussex County Council and is managed by Hastings Borough Council © 2021