Warm Home Check

The Warm Home Check service offers advice to anyone who struggles to afford to keep warm at home.

It also provides eligible vulnerable households with a holistic home assessment. This can include:

  1. advice on how best to keep their home warm/reduce energy costs
  2. advice on financial support available to help with heating costs
  3. minor home improvement measures such as improving pipe insulation, draught-proofing, boiler service.

Subject to funding being available, the service can also coordinate and source funding for the installation of heating & insulation measures available through schemes such as the government’s Energy Company Obligation (ECO).

An emergency temporary heating scheme is also available.

For the home visit element of this free service you need to:

Own your own property or rent it privately (in East Sussex) and have the owner’s permission to do the work.


– be on a low income and be either diagnosed with a long term condition or living with a diagnosed disability


– be receiving one of the following benefits: Child Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit, Universal Credit, Pension Guarantee Credit and/or Pension Savings Credit, Income Support, Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA), Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

* There are some income thresholds depending on the size of household.

How to apply

Apply Online here
By texting WARM to 81400
Calling the Citizens Advice ADVICELINE on 03444 111444
Through any Citizens Advice office


To read the Warm Home Check Service privacy notice, please click here.

This website has been developed by the East Sussex Energy Partnership, funded by East Sussex County Council and is managed by Hastings Borough Council © 2018