The Warm Home Check service
Support from the Warm Home Check Service whilst we stay at home during the COVID-19 outbreak
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
With more people staying at home, energy costs for households may be increasing. The Warm Home Check service continues to offer telephone advice and practical help for eligible households, including home visit assessments and improvement works (subject to individual circumstances). Any necessary COVID-19 precautions will be discussed and agreed with you before a visit takes place.
What is the Warm Home Check Service?
The service offers telephone advice for anyone struggling to afford to keep warm at home, with money-saving advice and tips on how to stay warm for less. It also provides eligible vulnerable households with a holistic home assessment. This can include:
- advice on how best to keep their home warm/reduce energy costs
- advice on financial support available to help with heating costs
- minor home improvement measures such as improving pipe insulation, draught-proofing, boiler service.
Subject to funding being available, the service can also coordinate and source funding for the installation of heating & insulation measures available through schemes such as the government’s Energy Company Obligation (ECO).
An emergency temporary heating scheme is also available.
For the home visit element of this free service you need to:
Own your own property or rent it privately (in East Sussex) and have the owner’s permission to do the work.
– be on a low income and be either diagnosed with a long term condition or living with a diagnosed disability
– be receiving one of the following benefits: Child Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit, Universal Credit, Pension Guarantee Credit and/or Pension Savings Credit, Income Support, Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA), Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
* There are some income thresholds depending on the size of household.
How to apply
Apply for the Warm Home Check service
By texting WARM to 81400
Calling the Citizens Advice ADVICELINE on 03444 111444
Through any Citizens Advice office
Find out our Top Tips to keep warm and well at home.
There are lots of small “Do it Yourself” tasks you can do at home to keep warm. Find out more here
Our free Warm Home Check Service can help you get ready for winter. Get in contact now.