What is the Warm Home Check service?
This free service for East Sussex residents offers telephone advice for anyone struggling to afford to keep warm at home, with money-saving advice and tips on how to stay warm for less. It also provides eligible households with a holistic home energy efficiency assessment. This can include:
- advice on how best to keep your home warm and reduce energy costs
- advice on financial support available to help with heating costs
- small home improvement measures such as pipe insulation, draught-proofing or boiler service.
Subject to funding being available, the service can also coordinate and source funding for the installation of larger heating and insulation improvements through schemes such as the government’s Energy Company Obligation (ECO). An emergency temporary heating scheme is also offered to eligible households if your heating breaks down or is insufficient.
Any necessary coronavirus (COVID-19) precautions will be discussed and agreed with you before a home visit takes place.
Who can apply for a free home visit?
For the home visit element of the service you need to:
- Own your own property or rent it privately in East Sussex (the owner’s permission may be needed before improvement works can take place)
- either be on a low income* and be living with a long term condition or a disability, or;
- be receiving one of the following benefits: Child Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit, Universal Credit, Pension Guarantee Credit and/or Pension Savings Credit, Income Support, Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA), Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA).
* income thresholds vary depending on the size of your household, please get in touch to find out more.
How to apply
To get in touch with us you can:
- fill in our simple online enquiry form
- text WARM to 80011
- call 0800 464 7307
For information about how we use your data please read the Warm Home Check service privacy notice.
Find out our Top Tips to keep warm and well at home.
There are lots of small “Do it Yourself” tasks you can do at home to keep warm. Find out more here
Our free Warm Home Check Service can help you get ready for winter. Get in contact now.